Friday, January 29, 2010

Let's State the Obvious: Roeder is Guilty

Today, terrorist Scott Roeder was found guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder and two counts of aggravated assault. Foulston told the court that she will pursue a "hard 50", meaning that Roeder will have to serve at least 50 years before the possibility of parole. Dr. Tiller's family released this statement:


"The family of Dr. George Tiller would like to thank the jury, District Attorney Nola Foulston and her office and law enforcement for their service in this difficult matter. Once again, a Sedgwick County jury has reached a just verdict. We also want to thank George's countless friends and supporters in Wichita and around the country who have offered their comfort.

"At this time we hope that George can be remembered for his legacy of service to women, the help he provided for those who needed it and the love and happiness he provided us as a husband, father and grandfather."

http://www.kansas.com/news/featured/story/1158413.html


I'm very thankful, I really am. I'm happy that this terrorist is going to get what he deserves. I'm happy that he was convicted of 1st degree murder. However, we have still lost a great man. Even if another doctor were to step up and take Dr. Tiller's place, Dr. Tiller was so much more than just a doctor. He was a husband, a father, a grandfather, a friend, and a hero to many people. The pro-choice movement can not forget Dr. Tiller, along with the 7 other providers that anti-choice terrorists brutally killed. We can't afford to forget them, even when things are going strong for us. Even in all of my happiness about Roeder's conviction, I can't help but to ask myself this: How many more doctors will have to die?

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful to live in Canada where our hero, Dr Henry Morgentaler, is alive and well, and fighting our battles in court. Although our battles are almost over up here, we still have our anti crowds and we will never stop fighting to keep our rights. I am just thankful that our Supreme Court has taken the stance it has, and that the majority of the legislatures respect the decision.

    ReplyDelete

***PLEASE READ***

Due to constant spam and derailing coming from a few antis, I am now making this blog a "safe place". This does not mean that I won't allow opposing views. It means that I'm not longer going to allow hateful or unrelated/spammy comments. This will continue on until the anti-choice spammers get bored with harassing me and the people who post here, and is especially relevant when it comes to the topic of rape. I hope this doesn't deter any respectful people from commenting. :)